ASVILOC PLUS - “Agencies supporting the value of innovation systems in local and regional economies”
The North-East Regional Development Agency is involved, as partner, along with other 12 organizations from Austria, Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Slovenia and Croatia, in the implementation of the project “Agencies supporting the value of innovation systems in local and regional economies” funded by the South East Europe Transnational Cooperation Programme.
The official kick-off conference of the project took place on September 14, 2009 in Ancona, Italy, date when the Partnership Agreement was signed, an overall presentation of the project, of the implementation strategy and of concrete actions was performed.
The scope of the project is to define the functional paths and approaches for promoting the innovating and entrepreneurship networks in the partner regions.
The general objective is contributing to construction of a “transnational innovation system” starting with valorization of the results from the previous Asviloc project and ending with the best practices of Regional Innovation Strategies taking actions upon the institutional framework and related human resources.
Therefore, the project will bring its contribution to an increased role of regional development agencies in developing the regional innovation system as interface for promotion of innovation by involving the relevant actors in the field and making them work in a large and homogenous environment based on a long-term regional innovation strategy.
The competitiveness factors depend on the capacity of creating an environment favorable for stimulation of regional economic growth and this is the reason why Asviloc Plus project proposes itself to make of the involved regions actors more receptive to innovation, creating a virtuous circle in which the new ideas – on one side – and the demand for new solutions, on the other side, to constitute the engine able to ensure the propulsion of the innovation towards the identified directions. The target area envisaged is preponderantly dominated by SMEs whose innovation capacity is much lower than the one of the large enterprises. The project wishes to put the basis of a qualified and functional framework capable to motivate and stimulate the SMEs towards innovation, bringing them closer to the concrete results of research and development activities.
The project intends to increase the level of competencies, skills and training of the staff working in the regional development agencies as concerning the development of the innovation issues, improved management of innovation through transnational planning and specific evaluation of the innovation-related services addressed specifically and tested on SMEs as well as by increasing the institutional capacity at local and regional level in terms of implementing the policies and programmes that support the innovation.
For achieving the proposed scope and objectives the project will developed its activities for a period of 36 months and will benefit of a budget of Euro 2,352,941.19. The project leader of this project is the Development Agency of Marche Region namely Sviluppo Marche SpA, Italy.
The partners under the project are split in two categories specifically:
- Partner benefiting of EFDR funding (EU Member States)
• CONSVIPO – Consortium for Polinesia development – Italy
• INFORMEST – Center for Services and Documentation for International Economic Cooperation, Italy
• AWS - Austria Wirtschaftsservice – Austria
• VEDA – Economic Development Agency in Varna, Bulgaria
• ANATOLIKI – East Thessaloniki development Agency - Anatoliki SA, Greece
• ANRO – Regional Development Agency Rodopi SA (ANRO), Greece
• STRIA – South-Transdanubian Regional Innovation Agency, Hungary
• ADR Nord-Vest – North-West Regional Development Agency, Romania
• ADR Nord-Est - North-East Regional Development Agency, Romania
• ADR Celje - Regional Development Agency, Celje Ltd, Slovenia
- Partners from IPA countries (candidate countries benefiting of funding from the Instrument for Pre-Accession):
• IDA - Istarska Razvojna Agency, Croatia
• HRAST – Vukovar Development Agency, Croatia
North-East Regional Laboratory of Innovation
The project ASVILOC PLUS "Agencies supporting the value of innovation systems in local and regional economies", financed by Transnational Cooperation Programme South East Europe and in which, North-East Regional Development Agency participate as a partner, was established, starting in February 2010, a support structure called "North-East Regional Laboratory of Innovation".
Regional Laboratory (LR) is a body that allows partners to carry out all project phases, from analysis of the innovation in each region partner in the project to define the action plan for the Regional Development Agencies.
The objective of North-East Regional Laboratory of Innovation is to analyze the strengths and weaks of the region and highlight innovation needs detected at regional level . The results of this initial study, aggregated into a regional report will form the basis for defining the Regional Action Plan of the North-East RDA.
In particular, regional laboratory aimed at sharing expertise and innovation of key actors through focus groups and questionnaires that will highlight:
• Critical points of the Regional Action Plan for Innovation;
• The existence of other policies / programs for increasing the level of innovation;
• The need for new innovative services.
Considering all these aspects, North-East Regional Laboratory of Innovation is composed of:
1. North-East Regional development Agency
2. Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Bacau
3. Association of Business People of Iasi
4. Center for European Studies (University „Alexandru Ioan Cuza” of Iasi)
5. Institute for Macromolecular Chemistry „Petru Poni” of Ias
6. Technical University „Gheorghe Asachi” of Iaşi
7. The University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Iaşi
8. SC ADDVANCES SRL Iasi (SME)
9. SC TEHNOPOLIS SRL Iasi (SME)
10. ASTRICO North-East textile cluster
11. SC INFAST SRL Piatra Neamt (SME)
12. Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Suceava
13. SC Software si Sisteme Informatice SA Suceava (SME)
14. County Council of Vaslui
15. Scientific Coordinator – National institute for Innovation of Iasi
Collaboration with North-East RDA of the 14 organizations was formalized by signing individually, a "Statement of Intent" which provides responsibilities of each organization, in order to start networking activities between regional key actors in innovation and detection of innovative needs.
Documente Laborator Regional de Inovare Nord-Est
Published articles in 'INFO Nord-Est' printed newsletter
(project's kick-off meeting, September 2009)
(first meeting of North-East Regional Laboratory of Innovation, February 2010)
(regional focus groups, April 2010)
(experience exchange between North-East Region and Lower Austria Region, september 2010)
(training session in Rovigo, October 2010)
(description of pilot actions)
(reunion of RLI in Iasi, September 2011)
(the partnership union of innovation, April 2012)
21-22.06.2012 - Transnational Event and Final Conference in Wien
27.10.2011 - North-East RDA participation at The seminar 'Innovative Strategies for intelligent specialization (S3) dedicated to the convergence regions'
15.10.2010 - Training event in Rovigo - Italy
22.09.2010 - The study visit to AREA Science
19.02.2010 - First meeting on North-East Regional Laboratory of Innovation
14.09.2009 - Launching Conference of the Project
For further information on ASVILOC PLUS project, please visit the dedicated website: www.asvilocplus.eu.