European Union is constituted in a "family" of European democratic states who are joining efforts for achieving peace and prosperity. EU is a supranational organism, made for international cooperation; inside it, Member states have built common institutions and transferred to these institutions a part of its sovereignty, thereby making possible to take decisions in common areas at European level.
Since it creation, approximately 50 years ago, European Union has acted as a magnet, attracting continually a constant flux of new members. After Romania and Bulgaria's accession at 1st of January 2007, The European Union totalise a number of 27 Member States and a population of 500 millions inhabitants.
We proposing you to cover pages of this section, "Romania into European Union" to find more information about:
- enlargement process;
- institutions, symbols and European values;
- allocation and management of European financial instruments after accession.
- European financing opportunities;
- community support framework, EC regulations regarding allocation and management of European funds;
- examples of good practices.