The North-East Regional Development Agency.s mission statement to support business and encourage the stimulation and development of an entrepreneurial spirit in the region through:
- The development of a regional strategy which will attract potential investors to the North-East Region.
- Organising the annual North-East Romania Regional Investment Forum.
- The initiation and administration of partnerships with the organizations for supporting the business environment: National Agency for Small and Medium Enterprises and Cooperation (NASMEC), National Council of Small and Medium Private Enterprises from Romania (NCSMPER), Romanian Agency for Foreign Investments (RAFI), trade and industry chambers from the region.
- Providing general information and services for existing businesses and potential investors.
- The development of special programs to support the creation of networks/associations of enterprises working in the region's traditional business sectors.
- Managing the regional database "SMEs in the North-East Region".
- The administration of databases of information dedicated to the business environment: real estate, banks, trade chambers, insurance companies, utilities providers, trade register offices, consultancy companies all based in the North-East Region.
- Working with the managers of industrial parks in the region so as to monitor and assist in the parks. development.
- The identification and classification of industrial areas in the North-East Region and their promotion to potential investors, both internal and external.
- www.esimplu.ro - e-portal dedicated to SME sector and containing a large amount of information.