Starting from January 1, 2008, North-East Regional Development Agency hosts one of Europe Direct Centers in Romania, structure created within a project funded by DG Communication through European Commission Representation in Romania, dedicated exclusively to providing European information services.
The Centre is a pole of information both in Neamt County and at regional level and contributes to increasing the visibility of EU initiatives. The Centre is a pillar of support and enhancement capability of the communication channel created by the Multipliers Network of European Information founded by European Commission Delegation, network in which North- East Regional Development Agency actively participate since the beginning.
North-East Europe Direct Centre has set as specific objectives:
- increase awareness of the citizens of North-East by providing a service tailored to local needs, resulted in information, advice, assistance and answers to questions regarding policies, structures and European values;
- Informing civil society and business environment of programs, schemes and other EU funding opportunities;
- creating a sustainable platform to provide a direct connection to updated information on actions, prospects and future EU policy
- making available a public service of accredited European information that provides:
- immediate answers to general questions about the EU or references to other sources of information;
- name, address and telephone numbers of organizations to which citizens of the North-East Region want to contact;
- free distribution by mail of certain EU publications
North-East Europe Direct Centre provides free information services to all citizens who can access, Monday to Friday, between 08.00 - 16.00, Centre’s infrastructure which consists of:
- reception room and presentation of information: library serviced by qualified personnel who provide technical assistance in identifying the necessary information, in formulating answers to questions from the public and to monitor these questions for forwarding them to the European Commission departments that centralizes such information signals of citizens;
- the consultation room and viewing of information that has computers with Internet connection, phone, fax, copier, TV connected to the European Commission TV channel "Europe by Satellite";
- conference room with 60 seats equipped with IT and video projection system.