Source of funding : Erasmus Plus
Duration of the project implementation: 24 months
1 December 2019 - 30 November 2021
Scope: UPGRADING OLDER ADULTS’ DIGITAL COMPETENCES TO IMPROVE THEIR SOCIAL INCLUSION/DEVELOPMENT
Internet, social networks, digital media and smart devices in general have transformed in a relatively short period of time many aspects of people’s private, professional and social life.
The elderly in particular are at the highest risk of digital exclusion: they are lacking to a great extent the necessary digital skills to be able to be fully active and participative in civic and social life.
The acquisition of ICT and digital skills can contribute to address this social challenge by the adoption of ICT and digital technologies.
Ensuring that older people have the opportunity to take an active part in the society is very important to make our societies more inclusive.
DIGITALISE ME aims at building a stable and replicable educational offer and improving the provision and supply of quality learning non-formal and informal opportunities tailored to the needs of older adults that educators and educational providers can implement in their countries.
- Elaboration of a “Digital Living Basics Pack”: a transversal mapping of Basic Digital Competences needed for a higher and better social and civic protection.
- Development of an online training course “Basic Digital Skills for social and civic active participation”
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Digitalise-Me-113974146818938/
The Consortium of the project consists of partners from 6 different EU member states:
- RUTIS – Associacao Rede de Universidades da Terceira Idade (Portugal)
- DomSpain Consulting (Spain)
- Consorzio Brianteo Villa Greppi (Italy)
- A & A Emphasys Interactive Solutions Ltd (Cyprus)
- Fundacja Instytut Re-Integracji Spolecznej (Poland)
- North East Regional Development Agency (Romania)