About EFFECT PROJECT
EFFECT project arises from the need to innovate SEE countries public procurement procedures and stimulate their integration with energy efficiency criteria to meet EU Public Procurement requirements and to contribute to achieve Eu energy strategy objectives.
EU public procurement impacts for more than 16% on EU GDP and it is an important tool for public authorities to effectively address energy efficiency policies fostering production and consumption of energy efficient products and services and the adoption of energy technologies.
In order to amplify the effects that public authorities make to promote RES and RUE in SEE area, the project will set up a common framework to support SEE area in the designing and implementation of Energy Efficient Public Procurement (EEPP) and at re-addressing private sector supply towards the production of energy efficient services and products, through the removal of barriers which prevent the participation to public tenders requiring energy efficient measures/procedures, thus creating sustainable consumption and production policies and technologies and new business opportunities for the economic sector.
EFFECT general objective is to stimulate the adoption and adaption of Eu renewable energy policies in SEE area, upgrading public authorities and energy local key actors, acting on the leverage of energy efficient public procurement (EEPP) as key instrument to improve competitiveness and promote balanced and sustainable economic growth in involved Countries, able to face the growing energy demand.
More in detail, EFFECT aims to:
- investigate the SEE region public procurement procedures, in order to map the level of energy efficiency mechanisms adoption in SEE region public tenders and to find out the main barriers faced by private sectors in the participation to EE public tenders;
- to enhance the role of public authorities, at all levels, in the diffusion of energy efficient behaviours in private sector, paving the way for transnational strategies in EEPP, achieving EU energy objectives;
- to increase the awareness of regional/local authorities and professional organizations representatives on the importance of EEPP and upgrade their competences on the preparation/participation to energy efficient public tenders;
- to contribute to the re-orientation of suppliers towards the production of energy efficient services and products, through the removal of barriers which prevent enterprises from participation to public tenders requiring energy efficient measures/procedures, thus creating new business opportunities for the economic sector;
- to upgrade the competences of private sector, increasing their awareness on the economic benefits deriving from a smart use of energy, thus fostering the creation of new enterprises and jobs in energy
For more details about EFFECT projects visit dedicated web page at www.effectproject.