Source of funding: Erasmus Plus
Duration of the project implementation: 24 months
31 December 2018 - 30 December 2020
Scope: IMPROVING THE KNOWLDEGE, SKILLS, CONFIDENCE AND CONNECTIONS FOR INDIVIDUALS IN LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
Many medium and small communities from Ireland, Northern Ireland, Portugal and Romania have been hard hit by the economic crisis and recession. The closure of many businesses, decline in agriculture, the demise of public schools and services, bank, post offices and poor connectivity has left communities isolated.
The high levels of small community decline challenge us to develop new insights into causes of failure, and innovative approaches to catalyzing growth. The overall result of Restart+ will be that individuals in leadership positions from the nonprofit, public and educational sectors are skilled and able to rise to the challenge. We believe they can make transformative changes in community regeneration by improving their knowledge, skills, confidence and connections act in specific areas such as community leadership, cross-sector collaboration, social enterprise, innovative investment approaches, cultural heritage, impact evaluation and more.
The objective of the Restart+ project is to build lasting alliances between community leaders, public authorities and vocational training institutions, in four European regions of the following countries: Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Northern Ireland. Each of the Community Alliance will gather different stakeholder groups and undertake teaching and learning activities, based on the educational materials developed within the project, in order to create a leadership care ability to assist community regeneration.
1. Restart+ Communities’ Toolkit, creation of a practical guide on why and how to set up a Restart + Community Alliance.
2. Setting up the 4 Restart+ Community Alliances: partners will bring together 12 members of the target groups in each country (Ireland, Northern Ireland (UK), Portugal and Romania) to be trained as facilitators of transformative regeneration and long-term change. Each Alliance will deliver the subsequent Intellectual Outputs in their regions.
3. Restart+ Communities' Self-Assessment Tool: creation of an online, interactive tool helping participants to assess their community’ strengths, opportunities and assets, and identify individual learning needs.
4. Restart + Communities Open Educational Resources, comprising a curriculum, trainers’ guide and toolkit of learning materials and resources organized into 6 modules, for leaders who wish to train themselves, or facilitate the training of others.
5. Restart + Communities' Online Learning Platform, creation of a multilingual, interactive portal enabling direct access to educational resources and skills development activities.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RestartCommunities/
The Consortium of the project consists of 7 partners from 6 different EU member states:
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology (Ireland)
- Municipio de Lousada (Portugal)
- Banbridge District Enterprise Ltd. (United Kingdom)
- Momentum Marketing Services (Ireland)
- North East Regional Development Agency (Romania)
- European E-learning Institute (Denmark)
- University Industry Innovation Network’s (Netherlands)