SMART YOUR HOME
Source of funding : Erasmus Plus
Duration of the project implementation : 30 months
1 October 2018 - 31 March 2021
Scope: IMPROVEMENT OF THE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF SENIORS IN THE DIGITALISATION AREA
As a massive trend, digitalization is permeating all societal areas on a global scale. For seniors however, it is often difficult to keep pace with new technological developments. The project wants to empower seniors to understand features and possibilities that come with digitalization, exemplified with smart home concepts that also enable them to stay independent in their own home.
The Smart Your Home project’s objective is to develop a course where seniors are trained to understand and operate independently the smart home devices. Also, we develop an innovative approach to enable seniors to create their own smart home environment.
1. Development of the publication “Smart homes for seniors: Competences and Needs” based on a survey created by the project’s partners;
2. Set up of the Interactive E-Learning Platform, the host environment where the developed project outcomes, course materials and as well as the eTutors course are delivered;
3. Online training for senior volunteers who want to be eTutors in online courses;
4. Development of the “Background course on Smart Home concepts” as an introductory part in the field of technology;
5. Development of the “Smart Home hands on course” which will have two modules, a basic level and an advanced level.
6. Production of interactive videos, which will make easier to understand the complex processes of Smart Home devices.
The Consortium of the project consists of 5 partners from 5 different EU member states:
- Innovation in Learning Institute (Germany);
- Eurocrea Merchant (Italy);
- North East Regional Development Agency (Romania);
- CETEM (Spain);
- Dublin City University (Ireland);